At IHU, you will receive the attention required to be known, the chance to be a leader, and the opportunity to explore your passions. You will also be immersed in rigorous academics from valued professors who truly care about you and your future. Classes taught from a Hindu perspective will set you up with tools for lifelong learning, community-focused decision making, and a strong sense of calling and vocation. The world needs you. Let’s get you ready.
IHU offers following PhD Programs:
- PhD in Hindu Philosophy
- PhD in Ayurvedic studies
- PhD in Yoga Philosophy
Students registered for these programs must complete 75 credits before graduation. Direct Bachelors to PhD is available however it is advised that students finish their master’s first before pursuing PhD. 30 credits are transferred from master’s for those continuing to do their PhD. Research methodology is a required course for this program. Rest of the credits need to be earned through dissertation credits under the guidance of the PhD supervisor.
IHU offers the following Master’s Programs (each program requires a total of 30 credits):
- Master in Hindu Spiritual Care (Chaplaincy)
- Master in Purohitya
- Master in yoga education: Students with RYT 300 certification can transfer up to 12 credits while students with RYT 500 can transfer up to 21 credits.
- Master in Ayurvedic studies (Only students with prior certificates from Ayurvedic and Yoga schools are eligible)
- Master in Divine Dancing (Only students with prior certificates from traditional dancing schools for Bharatnatyam, Kathak etc. are eligible)
- Master in Divine Music (Only students with prior certificates from traditional music schools for Hindustani or Karnatic music are eligible)
- Master in Hindu philosophy (only for students who have demonstrated scholarship through prior writings)
IHU offers various Certificate Programs:
Students receive an institutional College Credit Certificate upon completion and the program’s title is added to the student’s transcript.
Students receive an institutional College Credit Certificate upon completion and the program’s title is added to the student’s transcript. There are various kinds of certificates available: from undergraduate to graduate and advanced certificates. Certificates serve a multitude of purposes for different students: they are sometimes used to bridge the gap between different phases of academic study, or to provide additional professional training and qualifications. There are certificates in a wide variety of subjects in Arts, Humanities, Business, Biological and Life Sciences, Engineering, Technology, Natural Sciences and even more. The variety of different certificates can be overwhelming – don’t let it stop you! Start your search by looking at the most popular certificates listed below.